Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Organizing and staying organized in your classroom

As the end of July draws near, our thoughts turn to back to school sales, Teachers Pay Teachers, laminating, bulletin boards, and all those other tasks that if done now, will make our teaching lives easier in the year to come. My main goal every summer is to get my classroom perfectly organized. And I start a new school year in fairly good shape.

But although I start out by having all my ducks in a row and everything labeled and in its place, barely a week goes by when I look around at my classroom and disarray and wonder what happened!
Although there are many blog posts out there about getting organized, I have not found many that focus on staying organized.

After teaching for 15 years, I have found a few things that have helped me keep my sanity and keep my organization within working parameters. I'd like to share a few of these with you over the next few days. Please share your ideas as well in the comments. Over the years, I've learned more by collaborating with others than any other way.

TIP #1:
Assign each student a number. I try to do these alphabetically but you know how that goesthe minute you get it all done, a new kid moves in that should be #15 alphabetically, but will now have to settle for #22. However, if you can still the OCD demons, this system makes handing back papers and recording grades SO much easier.


This little song helps them remember to put their dang names and or numbers on their papers. I did the poem/song both ways.
Click on the link below to grab your FREE copy at my TPT store!
             

That’s it for this post! Be back soon with another handy tip!

        Meenal

No comments:

Post a Comment